What is the Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF)?
The Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF), is a private sector initiative established on 1st October 2013, designed to allow the Tourism industry a greater opportunity to play an integral role in the sustainable development of our destination. The TEF is financed by a small, voluntary donation from our guests of $2 USD per night, and goes towards community development and environmental projects and actions which will affect the livelihoods of our current and future generations. By collecting a small voluntary fee from our visitors, the Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association will also be able to support projects specific to ensuring that our island is clean and safe for visitors and residents alike, including the beautification of specific areas of our island.
How is the TEF Managed?
The TEF is managed by a Board of Trustees comprising representatives from the Public and Private Sectors who ensure that projects undertaken by the fund continue to have a strong education, environmental and developmental impact. The SLHTA uses its existing resources to administer the projects identified for funding so as to ensure that ALL your contributions go directly to towards the projects.
Board of Trustees
- Mrs. Karolin Troubetzkoy — Chairperson
- Mr. John Mathurin – SLHTA Board of Director
- Ms. Aviva St Clair/Ann-Margaret Xavier — Representative from the Ministry for Tourism
- Mr. Sanovnik Destang — President of the SLHTA
- Ms. Agnes Francis — SLHTA Board of Director
- Jeannette Hughes — Representative from the Ministry for Finance and Economic Affairs
- Mr. Winston Anderson — SLHTA Board of Director
- Ms. Cheryl Skeete — SLHTA Board of Director
- Mr. Roderick Cherry – Chief Executive Officer (SLHTA)
- Ms. Yola St. Jour — Finance and Administration Officer (SLHTA)