What is the Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF)?
The Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF), is a private sector initiative established on 1st October 2013, designed to allow the Tourism industry a greater opportunity to play an integral role in the sustainable development of our destination. The TEF is financed by a small, voluntary donation from our guests of $2 USD per night, and goes towards community development and environmental projects and actions which will affect the livelihoods of our current and future generations. By collecting a small voluntary fee from our visitors, the Saint Lucia Hospitality and Tourism Association will also be able to support projects specific to ensuring that our island is clean and safe for visitors and residents alike, including the beautification of specific areas of our island.
How is the TEF Managed?
The TEF is managed by a Board of Trustees comprising representatives from the Public and Private Sectors who ensure that projects undertaken by the fund continue to have a strong education, environmental and developmental impact. The SLHTA uses its existing resources to administer the projects identified for funding so as to ensure that ALL your contributions go directly to towards the projects.
Board of Trustees
- Winston Anderson – Chairman of the TEF
- Paul Collymore – President of the SLHTA
- Karolin Troubetzkoy – Immediate Past President SLHTA
- John Mathurin – 1st Vice President SLHTA
- Allied Sector Representative – Senator Noorani Azeez (SLHTA CEO)
- Corey Devaux – Floor Member Allied Representative
- Christian Gandara – Floor Member Accommodation Sector
- Esther Rigobert – Permanent Secretary/ Director of Finance (Ministry of Finance)
- Ann Margaret Adams – Director of Product Development (Ministry of Tourism Representative)
- Donette Ismael – TEF Program Manager