What is the Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF)?
The Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF), is a private sector initiative established on 1st October 2013, designed to allow the Tourism industry a greater opportunity to play an integral role in the sustainable development of our destination. The TEF is financed by a small, voluntary donation from our guests of $2 USD per night, and goes towards community development and environmental projects and actions which will affect the livelihoods of our current and future generations. By collecting a small voluntary fee from our visitors, the Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association will also be able to support projects specific to ensuring that our island is clean and safe for visitors and residents alike, including the beautification of specific areas of our island.
How is the TEF Managed?
The TEF is managed by a Board of Trustees comprising representatives from the Public and Private Sectors who ensure that projects undertaken by the fund continue to have a strong education, environmental and developmental impact. The SLHTA uses its existing resources to administer the projects identified for funding so as to ensure that ALL your contributions go directly to towards the projects.
Board of Trustee
- Mr. Winston Anderson — Chairperson
- Ms. Karolin Troubetzkoy –SLHTA President
- Mr. Noorani M. Azeez – SLHTA Chief Executive Officer
- Ms. Donette Ismael – TEF Programme Manager
- Mr. Sanovnik Destang — SLHTA Past President & Representative for Accommodation Sector
- Mr. John Mathurin — SLHTA Representative for Allied Sector
- Ms. Ann Margaret Adams — Ministry of Tourism
- Mr. Corey Devaux — Floor Member Allied Contributor
Ms. Yola St. Jour – TEF Corporate Secretary / SLHTA Finance and Administration Officer